I Am Behind on Mortgage Payments. What Should I do?

A simple question with a little bit of a complicated answer. I think where you want to start, is to determine where you want to go. So for some folks, they might have only missed a payment or two, and maybe they still have a strong income, and they want to stay in the house that often they’ve been in for many years. If that’s the case, you might want to start with a call to your mortgage company to see if there are any options. And if that’s unproductive, then check in with an attorney to see if more options can be developed on your behalf.

Other folks may not want to stay in the house. They might be too far behind. They might not be able to afford the payments going forward, and their house may be dramatically underwater. In that case, you want to take steps to mitigate any fallout from foreclosure. And again, you may want to consult with a professional.

Related Videos

Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
Clearwater: (727) 538-4188 | Tampa: (813) 225-3111