Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle accidents are among the most serious and deadly types of collisions. In many cases, they result in significant injuries, costly medical bills, innumerable losses, and potentially a wrongful death lawsuit.
With that in mind, if you’re a motorcyclist who has suffered injuries due to the negligence or recklessness of another motor vehicle driver, pedestrian, or cyclist, you have rights.
At Ziegler Diamond Law, our motorcycle accident attorneys understand the unique challenges faced by motorcycle accident victims and are here to provide you with compassionate and aggressive representation. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about motorcycle accidents in Florida, including what to do after an accident, how an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help, and much more. Get started now.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident
There are a lot of things you should do after a motorcycle accident in Florida, and a few you should avoid. A few steps you should consider include but are not limited to:
- Keep safety first: If possible, get yourself away from the flow of traffic and check on others involved in the accident.
- Contact law enforcement: Even if your injuries don’t seem severe, it’s incredibly important to have the police officially document the accident.
- Gather evidence: Take videos and pictures of your injuries, motorcycle damage, the accident scene, and other relevant pieces of evidence.
- Identify Eyewitnesses: If someone or a group of people witnessed the collision, be sure to get their names and contact information as quickly as possible.
- Exchange information: Be sure to exchange contact and insurance information with the other drivers involved in the accident.
- Seek medical treatment: It’s essential to seek the help of a medical professional after a motorcycle crash, even if you don’t think you’ve sustained injuries. That’s because many injuries aren’t apparent until hours or days after the collision.
- Tell your insurance company: Let your insurance company know about the accident ASAP. However, stick to the facts, and don’t admit any fault.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer: An attorney can help you uncover who’s to blame for the accident, the worth of your motorcycle accident case, and the best way to get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Additionally, there are a few things you should avoid at all costs after a motorcycle collision. For example, never admit fault to bystanders, law enforcement, or insurers. Further, don’t leave the scene of the accident. Continue reading to learn the benefits of working with a Florida motorcycle accident attorney.
How Can Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help My Case?
Working with a motorcycle accident lawyer can help ensure your rights are protected, the at-fault party is held responsible, and you get the compensation you deserve.
At Ziegler Diamond Law, we provide invaluable support to motorcycle accident victims. Depending on the case, our attorneys can:
Work with expert accident reconstructionists to establish the facts and causes of the collision.
- Handle all communications and negotiations about your personal injury claim with the insurance company.
- Provide savvy legal advice while guiding you through the complex legal and motorcycle accident claim process.
- Work endlessly to help you recover maximum compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damages.
- Provide top-notch legal representation in court if necessary.
Generally, injured riders don’t have to work with a motorcycle lawyer to seek compensation. However, an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can significantly improve your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Want to learn more? Contact us today for your free case evaluation with our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers.
What Are The Most Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents?
Due to the nature of motorcycle accidents, the injuries sustained are often devastating. These serious injuries can include but aren’t limited to traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, road rash, spinal injuries, internal injuries, permanent disfigurement, and more – Which is why motorcycle accident claims are among the toughest to handle.
In many motorcycle accident cases, injuries are life-threatening and require immediate medical attention. For these reasons, among others, it’s important to seek the help of medical and legal professionals as soon as possible.
Typical Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
Most personal injury attorneys can tell you that there’s no one specific cause of motorcycle accidents. For the most part, a motorcycle accident can happen due to another passenger vehicle speeding, distracted driving, unsafe lane changes, drunk driving, etc. Continue reading to learn more.
Speeding or Distracted Driving
When it comes to a motorcycle collision, speeding is usually the number one culprit. That includes instances where the motorcycle driver is speeding and those where the passenger vehicle driver is traveling above the speed limit. Additionally, distracted driving (i.e., using a cell phone, eating, daydreaming, etc.) can make it difficult to see a motorcycle and result in catastrophic accidents.
Unsafe Lane Changes & Sudden Stops
Suppose you’re riding your motorcycle safely. In that case, that doesn’t always protect motorcycle riders from unsafe drivers who make dangerous lane changes (without checking their blind spot) or sudden stops resulting in severe injuries. Both of these scenarios are dangerous and potentially deadly for motorcycle drivers.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, roughly 31% of all traffic crash fatalities in the U.S. are due to drunk drivers. That results in more than 10,800 deaths year over year. Further, nearly 45% of motorcycle drivers killed in single-vehicle crashes were intoxicated.
Younger and otherwise inexperienced drivers aren’t always sure how to react to motorcycles. Unfortunately, this often leads to dangerous and deadly motorcycle accidents resulting in seriously injured motorcyclists.
Road or Weather Conditions
Sometimes, road and weather conditions are the main cause of motorcycle accidents. Other times they aren’t. In many cases, the insurance company will attempt to blame natural causes for the accident, so they don’t have to pay. That’s why it’s essential to work with a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer who can uncover the facts and help you determine liability.
Contact The Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Florida
Did you know that motorcycle accident victims account for 14% of all traffic deaths, despite only 3% of vehicles being motorcycles? That’s because motorcyclists face unique risks posed by other vehicles, terrain, and weather.
At Ziegler Diamond Law, we’re a motorcycle accident law firm that understands the brevity of the situation. Our attorneys are here to hold the negligent party responsible while upholding your legal rights to recover compensation.
That includes providing legal advice, representation, negotiating with the insurance company, and demanding you receive the fair settlement you deserve. Don’t wait until it’s too late to seek damages.
Reach out to us today to schedule your free consultation with a Florida personal injury lawyer you can trust – We’re here to walk you step-by-step through the legal process.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
Clearwater: (727) 538-4188 | Tampa: (813) 225-3111