Top Florida Foreclosure Defense Attorney on Your Team
You Cannot Afford to Keep Your Head in the SandAs Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, there is nothing scarier than when I hear homeowners tell me they are just “letting the house go.” Consumers often have a misperception that by ignoring the foreclosure, they will not suffer other consequences such as credit impairment, deficiency liability, and tax consequences.
Take Action Right AwayWhen you are served with a foreclosure complaint, you should contact a foreclosure attorney in Clearwater right away. You only have 20 days to respond – otherwise, a default may be entered against you. The right foreclosure lawyer from Clearwater can review your individual circumstances and direct you to the option(s) that will minimize your long-term financial damage.
What are my Options?While each case is different, a Clearwater foreclosure lawyer can help you decide how to proceed. Your options might include:
- Foreclosure defense (for both residential and commercial properties)
- Negotiations for a loan modifications, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, or short sale
- Personal bankruptcy – Chapter 7 or Chapter 13
- Negotiations to request a reduced payoff or payment plan
- Foreclosure Attorney Clearwater
- Stop Foreclosure Clearwater
- Foreclosure Defense St. Petersburg
- Foreclosure Attorney St. Petersburg
- How Much Time Does Someone Have To Answer A Foreclosure Lawsuit?
- Is Bankruptcy A Viable Solution To Foreclosure?
To save your home, your options include:
- Loan modification – Although it can be tricky and require lots of patience and paperwork, obtaining a home loan modification will allow you to keep your home and lower your monthly mortgage payment. The assistance of an experienced foreclosure lawyer can help guide you through the difficult documentation process required by lenders.
- Foreclosure defense – Negotiating for a loan modification with your lender is just one way to stop foreclosure. Another option is to proactively question, through litigation, the lender’s legal right to take your property. Clearwater foreclosure lawyer Mike Ziegler is an aggressive litigator who isn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with even the biggest lenders.
- Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy, either under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, will create an automatic stay that halts the foreclosure process. Generally speaking, Chapter 7 offers temporary relief from foreclosure and protects the homeowner from deficiency collection; whereas Chapter 13 offers several long-term solutions to keep your home. Local lawyer Mike Ziegler is thoroughly knowledgeable about state and federal consumer bankruptcy laws and local court rules.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is foreclosure defense?Florida is a judicial foreclosure state. What that means is that a mortgage company doesn’t get to take someone’s home just because they are behind. The mortgage company first has to take a borrower to court and WIN before they can claim a home. And just like in any other lawsuit, a foreclosure lawsuit requires that the mortgage company follow the rule of the court. “Foreclosure Defense” is when a borrower uses the court rules to question whether the bank is acting in their rights. Often, there may be defense to a foreclosure depending on circumstances. Likewise, the court process may be used to find alternatives to a foreclosure judgment, such as a loan modification.
When do I need a foreclosure defense attorney?The bank is coming to court with an attorney. While homeowners have a right to represent themselves, this can lead to unequal bargaining power in the court process. Generally I recommend that a borrower consider getting a lawyer when they receive a notice that the bank intends to foreclose.
What are costs for foreclosure defense?Unsurprisingly, the costs for foreclosure defense vary depending on the complexity of the circumstance and the time that the lawyer is retain. For example, a lawyer retains 2 weeks before trial is generally going to ask for a larger retainer than a lawyer hired at the time a case begins. In most situations, the cost of representation is broken down into an affordable monthly payment.
Let me Help You!With years of experience navigating the housing market and foreclosure courts, I would be honored to be your foreclosure lawyer in Clearwater and the Pinellas county area. Contact me today for a free consultation. I’ll meet with you during a time that is convenient for your schedule. During the initial meeting, we’ll review your current financial status and discuss the options available to you. To meet with a qualified Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, simply fill out the form to the right to. You can also call (727) 538-4188.
Recently I had two harassment cases handled by Michael Ziegler’s firm. From start to finish my Attorney kept me up to speed on every detail. Thank you attorneys Michael Ziegler and Kaelyn Steinkraus. By the way, I WON BOTH CASES.
The best place , the best services,the best communication….the best place for you can trust,confident….thanks a lot
Such an amazing experience. The law office handled everything on my behalf. Thank you so much! Totally recommend!
This firm really helped me get out of a tough situation and I would recommend them. Everything I was told was true and my credit score is on it’s way back up. Thank you Mike, Jamie, and the rest of your great team. I have recommended your firm to others.
Mr. Michael Ziegler was a true blessing. I was able to keep my home and not to be bankruptcy; Him and his staff are kind and professional. He was very considerate and up front about everything in my foreclosure case. If I have any other issues, I will definitely be calling him. Thank you very much for everything Mr. Ziegler.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
Clearwater: (727) 538-4188 | Tampa: (813) 225-3111