Top Clearwater Foreclosure Defense Attorney on Your Team
- Florida remains the second highest state for foreclosure activity.
- In Pinellas County, 1 in every 308 housing units received a foreclosure filing.
- The foreclosure activity in Pinellas County is up 77% from the year prior.
- In Hillsborough County, foreclosure activity is up a stunning 95% from last year.
You Cannot Afford to Keep Your Head in the SandAs Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, there is nothing scarier than when I hear homeowners tell me they are just “letting the house go.” Consumers often have a misperception that by ignoring the foreclosure, they will not suffer other consequences such as credit impairment, deficiency liability, and tax consequences.
Take Action Right AwayWhen you are served with a foreclosure complaint, you should contact a foreclosure attorney in Clearwater right away. You only have 20 days to respond – otherwise, a default may be entered against you. The right foreclosure lawyer from Clearwater can review your individual circumstances and direct you to the option(s) that will minimize your long-term financial damage.
What are my Options?While each case is different, a Clearwater foreclosure lawyer can help you decide how to proceed. Your options might include:
- Foreclosure defense (for both residential and commercial properties)
- Negotiations for a loan modifications, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, or short sale
- Personal bankruptcy – Chapter 7 or Chapter 13
- Negotiations to request a reduced payoff or payment plan
- Foreclosure Attorney Clearwater
- Stop Foreclosure Clearwater
- Foreclosure Defense St. Petersburg
- Foreclosure Attorney St. Petersburg
- How Much Time Does Someone Have To Answer A Foreclosure Lawsuit?
- Is Bankruptcy A Viable Solution To Foreclosure?
To save your home, your options include:
- Loan modification – Although it can be tricky and require lots of patience and paperwork, obtaining a home loan modification will allow you to keep your home and lower your monthly mortgage payment. The assistance of an experienced foreclosure lawyer can help guide you through the difficult documentation process required by lenders.
- Foreclosure defense – Negotiating for a loan modification with your lender is just one way to stop foreclosure. Another option is to proactively question, through litigation, the lender’s legal right to take your property. Clearwater foreclosure lawyer Mike Ziegler is an aggressive litigator who isn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with even the biggest lenders.
- Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy, either under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, will create an automatic stay that halts the foreclosure process. Generally speaking, Chapter 7 offers temporary relief from foreclosure and protects the homeowner from deficiency collection; whereas Chapter 13 offers several long-term solutions to keep your home. Local lawyer Mike Ziegler is thoroughly knowledgeable about state and federal consumer bankruptcy laws and local court rules.
Let me Help You!With years of experience navigating the housing market and foreclosure courts, I would be honored to be your foreclosure lawyer in Clearwater and the Pinellas county area. Contact me today for a free consultation. I’ll meet with you during a time that is convenient for your schedule. During the initial meeting, we’ll review your current financial status and discuss the options available to you. To meet with a qualified Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, simply fill out the form to the right to. You can also call (727) 538-4188.
Michael is a zealous advocate that provides personalized attention to each individual client’s legal issue.
I endorse this lawyer’s work. He is a skilled and respected member of the legal community. He is a true advocate for the rights and interests of his clients.
This attorney and his staff are very prompt with helping me during and after my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I needed to refinance the house at a lower rate and what was left on my credit report was slowing the process way down. Since contacting his office about the current issues one was solved in a very short time. I highly recommend him and or his staff to anyone that needs professional help in the future.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
Clearwater: (727) 538-4188 | Tampa: (813) 225-3111